Read It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried Online

It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work

In this timely manifesto, the authors of the New York Times bestseller Rework broadly reject the prevailing notion that long hours, aggressive hustle, and "whatever it takes" are required to run a successful business today.In Rework, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson introduced a new path to working effectively. Now, they build on their message with a bold, iconoclast...

Title : It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
Author :
Rating :
ISBN : -
Format Type :
Number of Pages : 240 pages
Genres :

It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work Reviews

  • Romans Karpelcevs

    Bam! Bam! Bam! This book shoots advice from the third gen of the way of working in software development. Will everything from this book be there in the future? No. Will everything here work for you? No. Are some things only possible if you are already highly profitable and don't have external capital? Yes.

    And then still there is a TON of valid points, suggestions and directions everyone should at least consider, and implement some. Or your competitors will.

  • Seyfeddin

    37 Signals'ın bütün kitaplarını okudum. Hepsi çok güzel fikirler barındırıyordu, bu kitap da bundan farklı değil. Ama büyük bir eksik var.

    Son zamanlarda Amerika'da yeni bir trend başladı: Calm. Silikon vadisinin parlattığı "günde 18 saat çalış, yoksa milyar dolarlar kazanamazsın" fikrinin tam tersini savunan bu akım, eğer sakin ve planlı bir iş hayatı sürdürmezsek, bunun uzun vadede ciddi problemler açacağını söylüyor.

    Kitabın yazarlarının kurucusu olduğu Basecamp şirketi de bu "Calm" akımının sa
    ...more

  • Jaana Metsamaa

    I have very much enjoyed books by Jason Fried. I have definitely worked in the scary non-calm company he describes and I am lucky I no longer do. No matter if you do or not, reading this is a good reminder how things could be calm and maybe it could even calm you down. It is a super fast read as all of his books.

  • Matt Goddard

    Jason fried and DHH have done a brilliant job with this book. It’s thought provoking and there are some really useful bit of advice. I’m certain that it’ll have a massive impact on how we work, just as rework, and remote did. Anyone who cares about achieving a sensible work life balance should read it.However I had one nagging doubt throughout reading it. I can see how a lot of what they share is pertinent to a company like Basecamp, which is focused on delivering their own product.What I’m less ...more

  • Mikhail Kulakov

  • William Fish

    This is sensible advice and the wisdom isn't common in my experience. It was enjoyable and highlights some of the weaknesses I hadn't recognised in my current job. I really enjoyed the ideas around distraction reduction. I'm expected to be in meetings constantly that generally amount to knee jerk opinions without any context and not very good listening skills from a lot of the technical team. I'd like to bring more upfront and light documentation ahead of meetings (maybe they're not necessary at ...more

  • Alex

    I started this on a plane and finished it over salt-roasted chicken with celery root, leeks, and ham chips.

    Recommend by coworkers, especially @bill’s knh, I found that about 30% of this applies to my company. The fact is that our problems don’t match the ones these folks have solved with their miracle company (which I would LOVE to work at, based on how they present it.)

    The 30% that applies applies REALLY HARD. I wish everyone at my company would read that 30%. The other 70% makes me feel like
    ...more

  • Koray Al

    Yet another reference book from Basecamp for the likes of me in software development industry. Just like 'Rework' and 'Remote' this book points to issues we feel that some things are wrong with but don't have the courage to put into words because of the way things 'are' in the business. Hearing those ideas from a 'success story' increases it's effect.

    Rework tried to convince employees that there is a better way to do work. Remote tried to convince employees and employers that 'the work' is not s
    ...more